Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bellemain Micro-Perforated Stainless Steel 5-Quart Colander Review



With all the cooking that we are all going to be doing with the holidays approaching, it only makes good sense to have a good colander.   The colander that we have been using had seen better days.  One thing we liked about it was that it was big and held quite a lot of stuff, but the holes were so large in it that we would have not only spaghetti escaping through the holes but also macaroni.  For the past few years, I have been wanting a new colander, but nothing was good enough for my chef of a husband - until just recently.


Check out this big 5 quart colander from Bellemain!  It's so big, and holds so much.  It is made of  18/10 stainless steel so it will never rust.  Every part of the Bellemain is solid, practically indestructible stainless steel, so you can expect many years of trouble-free performance. When you've finished draining your cooked or washed food, just throw it in the dishwasher. What could be easier!


It is a solidly built colander and also so sturdy.  This is one colander that will lasts us for years.  The problem with colanders that have separate feet is that if one foot lands in the sink drain, the whole bowl tips over. The Bellemain's base is one solid circle of stainless steel that keeps the colander safely level. It also keeps your food elevated above the floor of the sink and whatever water hasn't yet gone down the drain.


Less than 1/16" in diameter, the Bellemain's micro perforations prevent even cooked rice and orzo from going down the drain. And while you might think water would drain more quickly if the holes were larger, actually the opposite is true.


Why does water go through mesh strainers so fast? Because there is less solid surface to slow it down. That's the principle behind the Bellemain's mesh-style perforations are very closely configured. The entire bowl, from the bottom to the rim, is perforated, so there's nowhere for water to get trapped and the water drains right out faster than your ordinary colander.

Apples for Thanksgiving's Homemade Apple Sauce
My husband, the chef of our family, is very happy with this professional quality colander.  Even with all the micro perforations, it will be very tough to even make a dent in this colander.  If you need a new good colander, click here to purchase at Amazon for only $14.95.

Check out all the full selection of Bellemain's products at Amazon.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's beautiful! I wish I had one. Mine looks like a World War I helmet! ~hehehe~ Love your Post here my friend so your hubby can cook? Wow, and you make homemade applesauce? I would love to see your recipe. On Friday please on my recipe linky... hehehe HUGS my good good friend, and as always when I'm here you put a smile on my face or when I see a comment from you! Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks nice, but I'll make do with what I have...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive