Do you find that you are just not sleeping very well? Do you find that you are lacking energy? Unexplained muscle cramps? These are just some of the symptoms that you may be lacking magnesium in your diet.
Magnesium is an essential mineral for our bodies, and is essential to stay healthy, active, and strong. What does magnesium do for a healthy body?
– Magnesium aids metabolism and energy production
– Magnesium improves sleep by balancing melatonin and the stress hormone, and aids body temperature regulation. It also balances serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system. It also relieves stress, panic attacks, anxiety and depression.
– Magnesium relaxes muscles thus relieving cramps, and helps prevent heart disease, stroke, kidney stones, migraines, and gallstones. Another pleasant side effect of getting enough magnesium is increased flexibility.
– Magnesium helps with female well-being by reducing PMS and menopause symptoms. It also aids in the building of bones thus helping preventing osteoporosis.
– Magnesium alkalizes the body, balances the body’s pH, to reduce lactic acid after exercise.
– Magnesium hydrates and helps relieve constipation and cleanse the body of toxins.
– Since magnesium helps the body utilize calcium, magnesium will help buid stronger teeth and help strengthen our muscles. It also aids in the building of bones thus helping preventing osteoporosis.
– Magnesium aids with diabetes by enhancing insulin secretion.
You can get magnesium from food sources, (one of them is dark chocolate), but I like to get extra magnesium from a supplement.
Recently I have been taking a pure powder form of magnesium citrate from SimpleHealth that you just dilute into a liquid like juice to take. Getting your magnesium from a powder form, not a pill, makes it highly absorbable by the body. The SimpleHealth Magnesium Citrate Powder easily dissolves in liquids.
Just a 1/2 teaspoon of SimpleHealth Magnesium Citrate dissolved into at least 6 oz. your favorite juice or water gives you 315mg (79% daily value) of pure magnesium. Take daily with a meal. This product must be diluted into a liquid before ingestion. Simple Health Magnesium Citrate is a Vegetarian/Vegan product. It does not contain any sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives. It will not cause diarrhea or dizziness if taken with or after food.
One thing I can tell for sure is that I have been getting much better sleep! I find that I am sleeping deeper and longer. Just a few weeks ago I had trouble getting to sleep and could not fall asleep until after midnight, then could not sleep after 6am. Now I go to sleep much quicker, and am sleeping in to 7-8am with a much deeper sleep. And, now that I think about it, I was having leg cramps. They have disappeared without me even thinking about it.
So if you are not sleeping as well anymore, find yourself with muscle cramps, lacking energy, constipated, them you may want to consider a magnesium supplement. The best is a powder form that is easily absorbed. One great supplement to get would be SimpleHealth Magnesium Citrate Powder. Get It Today At Amazon! Currently on sale for only $17.97. Comes with a 100% money back guarantee.