Bernice Three Column

Friday, March 13, 2015

#Review - Relax & Unwind With Teavivre Teas for Life


In the afternoon, I like to relax and unwind with a nice cup of tea.  I was recently sent a package of teas to try from Teavivre.  These teas come directly from China where they developed the art of growing tea thousands of years ago.

All four varieties that Teavivre sent me - three black and one jasmine green teas - are very good.  These are all loose teas which is a bit of a novelty for me since I buy most of my teas in a bag.


Teavivre sent me one large bag full of four different types of teas all in their own little 7g packages.  On the individual packages, the most important information tells me the packages ingredients, where in China it came from, how hot the water should be, and how long to brew.  The writing on these packages are very small, and some were not printed well at all.  Even with my reading glasses on, I could not read the information.



The Yun Nan Dian Hong Black Tea – Golden Tip tea, also known as Yunnan black tea, is one of China's most famous black teas.  This is the highest grade Dian Hong generally available in China – called Golden Tip Dian Hong.  It has lots of orange pekoe in the dried tea, and brews into an absolutely great tasting, golden colored tea, with very rich taste and aroma which I can attest to.  This is a very nice tasting black tea.




Superfine Keemun Mao Feng Black Tea is one special variety of Keemun black tea origins from Qi Men County in Anhui province of China, has famous reputation for its peculiar aroma and shape. It has also been made widely familiar as one of the four world’s best black tea. It is carefully processed so that the shape of the tea leaves resemble that of the Mao Feng Green Tea. This is why it got the name “Keemum Mao Feng“.

This was the first tea that we tried.  My husband and I thought it was okay, but it was not our favorite.




Organic Superfine Keemun Black Tea is one of the four famous black tea in the world, while Keemun Fragrant Black tea is one of the best of it. Keemun Fragrant Black tea only use spring tea leaves as material, in the form of one bud and two leaves. Making process of this tea will take 8 – 9 hours, including lightly sun withering, rolling, fermentation, drying, and manual kneading. The dry leaves are tight and thin. Keemun Fragrant Black tea is fully fermented, presenting a color of coppery red, and revealing abundant golden buds. The unique Keemun fragrance and fruity floral flavor makes the tea suitable for either brewing with Gaiwan or drinking with milk.

I do like this one with half-n-half and sugar - it makes a nice sweet white tea.  In the above picture, I had not added the half-n-half yet as I wanted to show you the beautiful color of this tea.



Here was a real treat! Premium Jasmine Dragon Pearls Green Tea is a deliciously sweet green tea that combines the absolute highest quality green tea with a jasmine aroma and taste.  Made from unopened bud and small leaf, this tea hand rolled into small balls, which slowly unfurl during brewing, releasing an amazing taste and aroma combination of green tea and sweet jasmine.  Brewing a cup of this sweet, fragrant tea only requires a few tiny pearls!

I love the sweet aroma that accompanies this tea.  I usually don't like a green tea, but I will be drinking this tea much more often in the future.  I also added just one cup of this tea to a half gallon of sweet ice tea that I made.  It really turned that ordinary ice tea into something extraordinary.

Tea is a big part of my life since I don't drink coffee.  Having a great cup of tea every afternoon is the highlight of my day.  It is my time to relax, and thanks to Teavivre, I also have one of the best cups of tea to do so.


TeaVivre is a group of tea lovers and aficionados from China, Canada and France, who all share a passion for drinking great tea and appreciate the healthy life style it brings.  With all of us living in China, we frequently travel through the country visiting China's tea plantations so we can track down only truly exceptional teas.  As a result we are able to bring to you – and us – the absolute highest quality Chinese teas that are, wherever possible, 100% organically grown and produced.

Connect with Teavivre



1 comment:

  1. Although I drink coffee(I like it rich with half & half or whole milk & sugar), I love tea too. Indian masala chai is my favorite but I like to try different varieties. There is just something about a steaming cup of tea that relaxes me.

    Whenever we went out for Chinese food, I looked forward to the tea and fortune cookies after the meal.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive