Bernice Three Column

Friday, April 10, 2015

#Review - Ozeri's 12-Inch Green Earth Wok with a Smooth Ceramic Non-Stick Coating


One thing we love is a good stir fry.  Making a stir fry in an ordinary pan is workable, but in order to do it properly, it's best done in a wok.  Most woks that you find in the store are just not meant to be used on a ceramic topped stove.  They require a gas stove.  I have not had a gas stove since our 1992 earthquake after I watched from a distance two homes burn down to the ground due to their propane catching fire.  I miss having our old wok and the delicious perfectly cooked stir fries.


Now thanks to Ozeri, I have a wok once more.  It's a Green Earth Wok with a smooth ceramic non-stick coating.  It has a flat bottom that will work on any type of stove even my ceramic top.  The super slick non-stick coating is made from 100% PTFE and PFOA free ceramic with an inner core of aluminum.   Aluminum is a great heat distributor that will easily radiate the heat throughout the surface of the pan.


The ceramic coating on the inside makes cooking light work.  We have no problems with anything sticking whatsoever.  Because the pan is 100% PTFE, PFOA free along with being free from any harmful chemical, this pan delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures.  The handle is made from heat resistant Bakelight.


So just what does it mean to be free of PTFE and PFOA?  Conventional cookware and other ceramic cookware brands achieve their non-stick performance through a coating of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties. At very high temperatures, PTFE begins to decompose and release fumes which are documented to be lethal to birds and small pets, and which can be harmful to humans. In addition, traditional cookware incorporating PTFE is often manufactured with the aid of PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid), which the EPA has classified as a 'persistent pollutant of the environment'. With the Green Earth Wok's ecozeri technology, even under high temperatures, such harmful toxic fumes are never released into the environment. This is because the Green Earth Wok by Ozeri utilizes a 100% ceramic coating inspired by nature.


The bottom of the pan has a magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer.  This pan heats up quickly and with no hot spots.



I had fun capturing the moments of my husband flipping his latest stir fry.  These pans are designed to use as little as possible of oil, and still deliver totally non-stick performance.  This will lead your food being much healthier to eat with less oil to soak into it.


This Ozeri Wok comes with a pan liner to keep it from getting scratched during storage.


If you pan on stacking other pans on top or literally inside this pan, the liner will keep the inside of the pan in perfect condition.  Actually because of the depth of the pan, it's perfect to store pots within.  Just be sure to use the liner!


With the Ozeri Wok or with any of Ozeri's fine line of cookware, special care is needed with these pans to keep them in top condition for years.  Once the pan is cool, hand wash it in hot soapy water then rinse.  Dry the wok with a soft cotton cloth, put the liner in, and put away.  Never use any sharp or metal cooking utensils.  Only use wood, plastic, or silicone cooking utensils (which I believe are  best).  I have done this with all of my Ozeri cookware, and each is just as non-stick as when I first got them.

UPDATE:  On Tuesday, April 14, 2015, we used this to deep fry donuts.  Yes, it wasn't the purpose of this wok, but it worked excellently!

Let me tell you, if you love stir fry and don't want all the oil, this is the wok for you!  Get the Ozeri 12" Green Earth Wok at Amazon for only $23.99.  Your satisfaction is guaranteed.


Ozeri strives to provide excellent service to you while building a long-lasting relationship.  Ozeri products are a pedigree for ultra-luxury markets, but priced to fit most everyone's budget.  They incorporate award-winning designs, innovative materials, and durable construction for long product satisfaction.

Connect with Ozeri


5 comments:

  1. I would love to have this. You should have this in a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could, but Ozeri doesn't want to do giveaways.

      Delete
  2. Oh me too. I would so love to have one of these. I would make everything in it that's for sure. Love how you explained every little thing about this because that's what I certainly need. You're duh best girlfriend because if you give it a thumbs up then I know it's good, and I have to have one. hehehehe Thanks once again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to own one of these pans. They sound wonderful. I make stir fry and I make mine in an electric wok, which does a pretty good job but it's getting old and I need to replace it soon. This sounds like the perfect pan to replace it with.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive