Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wordless Wednesday - Teddy Bear Picnic 1st Birthday Cake - April 8, 2015


For the past week, we've had my daughter, her wonderful hubby, and my oh so delightful granddaughter visiting us for Easter.  We celebrated her first birthday early with a Teddy Bear Picnic Cake.


This cake was made and sculpted by my two other daughters.  We made this cake with Teddy Bears because of my granddaughter's most favorite song:







Next week I will be starting my
Mother's Day Event
I have some great prizes lined up, just click HERE to see what they are.








Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs



14 comments:

  1. What an adorable cake and Happy Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! what a lovely cake, Happy 1st Birthday to your grand daughter's

    Have a birthdaytastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really sweet. They sure grow fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little belated wish...Happy 1st Birthday to your granddaughter Lucille!
    Your daughters made her a splendid cake. Where did they find the top figures? i watched the video - it was really great! I never heard this song, The Teddy Bears Picnic, before. My Dad had old vinyl records but not this one with the great crooner, Bing Crosby. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made the figurines out of an Oreo cookie filling that they made themselves. They then mixed food colors, and painted them on.

      Delete
    2. That is amazing! They did such a great job. At first, I thought maybe the bears were made out of marzipan.

      Delete
  5. what a cute cake! enjoy that precious time with your grandchild, mine are many states away & visits are rare. Fill up on lots of hugs & kisses.
    Faythe @ GrammyMouseTails

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, Love, LOVE the cake!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cake for a cutie pie I'm sure! Love the tune Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic... never heard that one. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! What a good idea! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't it great to have grandchildren nearby all the time? With the family visiting you didn''t miss all that fun of baking Teddy Bear Cakes. They grow up too quickly. l

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a sweet and cute cake!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive