Bernice Three Column

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Revolutionary New Camera Carrier from miggo Debuting On Kickstarter - AGUA IPX3 Storm Proof Holster #Review


I've really had a great time carrying my Nikon D40 around with my miggo Strap and Wrap which was featured during my Mother's Day Event this year.  Having a strap that doubles as a protective cover is really cool.  It was just a year ago that miggo began their first Kickstarter to fun their Strap and Wrap.  Now miggo has launched a new revolutionary camera carrier that will change the industry.


Launching on Kickstarter today is miggo's latest greatest camera carrier, the AGUA.  The AGUA ("Water" in Spanish) is an IPX3-standard storm-resistant camera-carrier. It is different than common water-resistant camera carriers because it allows intuitive quick-drawing of the camera. The AGUA's special structure allows the photographer to comfortably carry his camera close to the body in any weather - rain, snow, sandstorm or even in a dense urban environment, without worrying about the fate of his expensive equipment - and draw it quickly and with ease at the right moment to capture a perfect shot.


miggo AGUA storm-proof quick-draw camera carrier from mymiggo on Vimeo.

miggo kindly sent me the AGUA to see for myself what a great new camera carrier this is.   I have totally replaced the Strap and Wrap, and my camera is now housed in the only case that it will ever need - the AGUA.  It is just as simple to use as the video above describes.

Comfortable to carry.

 Simple and quick to get the camera out.

Ready to get that shot.

Why is the AGUA a great camera carrier?  Because when the photographer draws the camera it stays connected and protected from falling, if for any chance the camera slips out of his hands.  The photographer can choose to disconnect the camera completely by unlatching it.  


The latches on the AGUA that I have will be upgraded in the final production from a simple latch to a locking latch.  


The AGUA provides excellent double-layer protection against water and impact, thanks to an outer layer of waterproof tarpaulin in matte black, and a padded inner layer of Neoprene and Lycra.  The zipper won't let any water in the carrier as it's a water-proof YKK AquaGuard quality zipper.


Get involved!  The AGUA Kickstarter Promotion has started.  miggo offers the AGUA models on Kickstarter, at prices that are significantly lower than their expected market price, so now's a chance to pick up the next revolutionary miggo product for less.  The AGUA is offered today in a discreet black-blue color combination, in 3 different sizes – all designed to carry a camera with one lens:

  • AGUA 25 for small super-zoom or large mirrorless cameras.
  • AGUA 35 for large super-zoom cameras or mid-size DSLRs.
  • AGUA 45 for pro-DSLRs (such as the Canon D5).

miggo was recently established  by a group of people who worked together at KATA Bags and Manfrotto.  About a year ago, miggo successfully launched its first round of products on Kickstarter – the Strap and Wrap and Grip and Wrap series – comfortable camera straps which morph into protective carriers. The Kickstarter campaign received great responses from users and professional magazines and websites alike.  Now miggo products are marketed successfully in over 30 countries with enthusiastic reactions.


Storm Proof?  Yes!
Camera Quick Draw?  Sure!
Looks Amazing?  You Bet!

Connect with miggo on Facebook


I purposely wet the AGUA with my Nikon inside.  Did I worry? No.  Was my camera protected from getting wet?  Absolutely!


17 comments:

  1. Neat camera case. Too bad I don't have a good camera to put in it.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome camera case! This would definitely be a good investment too & its pretty cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome camera case! This would definitely be a good investment too & its pretty cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome camera case! This would definitely be a good investment too & its pretty cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one, this is just the camera case that I need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice camera case to carry around! Great to have while on vacation when taking lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, something like that may work when we go out on nature walks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the style of this camera case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a very convenient way to carry a nice camera if you owned one. In my case, I do not own one :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. These bags make it easy to carry what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be great to carry our camera when we are on vacation

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound like amazing cases/carriers!!! Hopefully I will have a nice camera in the near future to get one to use. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had a real camera to use this with. It looks awesome. The only camera I have is attached to my iPhone. Lol. My sister and my cousin both have really nice cameras though. They would love something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would certainly hold everything you need. I like the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds like a great product, and I would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  16. that would be neat to have i could put the cmaera and then the video camera in it and have room

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, that is super cool. What a great idea! I have a camera similar to that one too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive