Bernice Three Column

Monday, June 15, 2015

#Review - KUUK #PinkChefKnife With Bonus Pink Paring Knife



We do all of our own cooking here at home.  Honestly, I can't remember the last time we went out to eat or even brought a pizza home.  My husband, our chef, usually scoffs at take out chow or restaurant food, and, quite frankly, it just doesn't taste as good as what we cook.  Cooking daily at home requires that we have good cooking utensils, and we all love a good knife.

A good cooking knife does not need to be expensive.   As long as it is made with a high-carbon stainless steel blade, is sharp, has good balance, and feels good in the hand, you have a good knife.  We recently got to review an inexpensive knife set from KUUK.  It's the KUUK 8" Pink Chef Knife with a bonus paring knife.  Yes - Pink!  That titillating pink color is created by cleanly bonding FDA-approved, food-safe high-grade resin to the stainless-steel blade.


These very bright pink knives are cool!  Let me tell you, my husband likes using these knives every time he cooks, and that means every day.  They do fit very well in your hand, have great balance, and are made with a high-carbon stainless steel blades.   Does he make fun of the fact that these knives are pink?  No, because they are a great quality knife once he got done with something.


I guess the only peeve he had with both of the knives is that they came dull.  My husband had to sharpen them.  Well you can't have everything when you are purchasing a knife set for only $6.95.  Once my husband sharpened these knives to a razor sharpness, he works only with these knives now.


This pink chef's knife, now that my husband sharpened it, sliced through our BBQ London Broil like it was butter.


Stylish 8-inch all-purpose professional chef's knife. Ergonomic handle ensures easy grip and comfort even after long use.

Pink color created by cleanly bonding FDA-approved, food-safe high-grade resin to stainless-steel blade

High-carbon stainless-steel blade guarantees fine cutting and a keen, lasting edge

Blade and handle are balanced so weight of knife is distributed optimally in your hand.

Dedicated website for warranty and support - KUUKware.com

Please Note - This style of knife is not suitable to go in the dishwasher. Wash by hand only.


There is one more concern that I have with these knives.  Since they are such a pretty pink color, if I had little children in the house, I would make sure that these knives are out of the reach of little children at all times.  Because of the coloring, they do have a bit of a "toyish" look about them that might attract the eyes of a little one.


All-in-all, this knife set will slice, dice, chop and mince with ease as you fast-track the cooking process for your latest dish.  It is truly a professional quality knife set.  Buy It Today for only $6.95



Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes at no cost to me. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.

3 comments:

  1. Now these are different. Do they come in any other colors? If they had yellow or a pale orange or just orange I would buy some for me for sure, but pink in a kitchen... I just don't think so. That would definitely not be my choice for the kitchen, but very different I must say! I totally agree with you about children. These would definitely have to be put up in my home, but to come dull like that hmmmm I just don't know. I'll have to think twice about these. That's for sure. Yep Orange or Yellow definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 and use them for everything. They stay sharp for a long time if you care for them properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding good and affordable knives for the kitchen can be very hard. It's even harder to believe that you can get both of these for only $7! That's a true bargain even if they only last a little while.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive