Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

#Review: Samson Meteorite - Upgrading Your Audio Quality #SamsonMics



There is one thing that I rejoice in each and every week - the time that I Skype with my daughter and granddaughter.  My little granddaughter may only be a little over a year old, but she loves a little horseplay that she gets from us while we talk with her over the internet.  On my old laptop (my daughter's hand-me-down), the built-in microphone goes in and out, and the sound quality is pretty bad.  I needed a new microphone!



With many thanks to Samson, I do have a new microphone - the Samson Meteorite USB Condenser Microphone.  What great sound quality I am getting from this little plug-and-play device.  My daughter no longer complains that we sound terrible as we Skype.  She can hear us with crisp and clean quality.


The Samson Meteorite is a universal solution to capturing high quality recordings.  I know I need to do more video reviews in the future, and really haven't yet due to my poor recording quality.  Now, as I get my nerve up and try to remember my acting classes from Jr. High, I am really prepared now to record great audio voice over for my reviews.


Meteorite is ideal for podcasting, creating audio for YouTube videos and recording music on your favorite software or apps. This sleek microphone will also vastly improve your ability to communicate with friends, family and business associates on programs like Skype, FaceTime and other VoIP software.  This is a professional studio microphone with a large studio condenser capsule.


The Meteorite will capture sound all the way around, and the sound it captures is so wonderful.  Meteorite presents an immediate improvement over your computer or tablet's internal microphone, bypassing their standard mic capsules and noisy soundcards in favor of the Meteorite's studio-quality 14mm capsule, cardiod pickup pattern and dedicated audio conversion path. Meteorite's larger condenser diaphragm provides a smooth, flat frequency response to capture the natural warmth and dynamics of your voice. And the mics 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution ensures the audio recorded sounds as authentic as hearing it live.


The base of the microphone is very sturdy and stays right where you place it.  You can remove the Meterorite if you wish, but I like to keep it in its little cradle.  Once in the stand, there is a magnet that will hold it in the place that you wish because it tilts and swivels to face where the sound is coming from.


Like I said earlier, this little plug-and-play device works perfectly on my laptop (Win8 64 bit) or any computer.  It is compatible with most recording apps and software.


The Meteorite is even compatible for your tablets!  When combined with the iPad using Apple's Lightning USB Camera Adapter or Camera Connection Kit (30-pin), Meteorite is a great tool for making music on-the-go.


We are all so happy with this new studio quality mic for my laptop - here at home and far away.  Skyping is so much more funner now that my little granddaughter can hear us much better.  I also hope that with future video reviews, that I will sound a lot better than what my laptop mic made me sound like.
Would you love to have professional studio quality sound from your computer or tablet?  Then the Samson Meteorite is exactly what you are looking for.  With a unique design, professional-quality components and Samson's commitment to reliability, Meteorite is an all-in-one communication and recording solution for desktops, laptops and tablets. With Meteorite, you'll enjoy incredible sound that is out of this world.  Would you like one? Click here to find out where to buy.


Samson Technologies began in 1980 designing wireless microphone systems. Today, they are an industry leader in both consumer and professional audio with three notable brands: Samson Audio, Samson Wireless and Hartke. Over 250 of our products are sold and distributed in over 140 countries around the world.

Connect with Samson


2 comments:

  1. I have been toying with the idea of using Skype myself so that we could "talk" with my husband's parents. I am sure that I could use a good microphone myself and this one is really awesome. I love the technical specs of it, but it's also really cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often need to record webinars and post them for future reference. I think I will give this microphone a try as I am always looking for better vocal quality.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive