Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wordless Wednesday with Linky - The Little Verdin - August 26, 2015


We've had a little bird that we have never had before, a verdin.  It is the only species of the peduline-tit family that lives in North America.  According to my Audubon Book, it is usually found more south of us.  We are enjoying our little visitor, and the verdin is enjoying our hummingbird food.  Usually right outside our bedroom window almost all day getting little sips of nectar, I was able to capture pictures of him with ease.

 


Have you had any different birds around your home this year?  If not, what's your favorite?





Stacy Uncorked





Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs



11 comments:

  1. Aww my favorite birds this year are all the little quail families that come through our yard, of course I cant resist feeding them. So they come every day!

    Thanks for stopping by to share on the #OMHGWW this week!
    Have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet little bird. I have never heard of them before. I have to say, I never realized other birds would drink out of a hummingbird feeded. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such sweet bird photos! We did some bird watching during our kids' holiday (winter holiday this time of year for us in South Africa) and I linked it on your blog hop - 1camera1mom. I linked my link party too - Amanda's Books and More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little bird! I was recently sitting out on my front porch, when a hummingbird stopped by to check out my fuschia plant! Not rare around here, but rare for my house!! It was so cool to sit and watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is that? Love little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute photos heheh!

    Have a chirptastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we usually see at least one or two Cardinals.. bright red ones and I haven't seen any this year. That's really about the only bird I know the name of. The other ones I just call wild birds. We also have Eagles... those two are my favorites Cardinals and Eagles... hmmm or are those hawks that I see. hmmmm? Have a great day my friend, and hope you're feeling better. I got a new keyboard for my computer and I love it... $1.99 at Goodwill. Great price. Even nicer than the $5.00 one I bought at Walgreens. Couldn't get use to that one at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new birdie is super cute! I have not seen anything new and different this year. My favorite bird that comes to my house is the Mourning Dove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new birdie is super cute! I have not seen anything new and different this year. My favorite bird that comes to my house is the Mourning Dove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww he looks so adorable! You are so lucky to have spotted him =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a awesome picture,,what a pretty little bird

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive