Bernice Three Column

Monday, March 28, 2016

Brighten the Darkness - BYB Ultra Bright CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight - Five Modes & Zoomable



I remember this one night back in 1992 when we were woken by the biggest earthquake I had ever been in - the Homestead Earthquake.  What really woke me up was really not the quake per se, but it really was the bed.  It was being pushed back about a foot from the wall, then it jumped up in the air about a foot up in the air, then slamming back into the wall.  This just didn't happen once or twice, but just kept happening for what seemed like forever.  Once the quake was over, it was time to get out of the house.  I grabbed the baby and the toddler, while my husband rushed to the kids room to grab the three girls.  Once we got into the kitchen area, it was dark in there.  I kept stumbling over things that had fallen out of the cupboards as I just could see very well.  How my husband and I both wished we had a good flashlight for this emergency.

Recently, I received a great flashlight from BYB to review.  It's the BYB Super Bright CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight.  How I wish that we had this flashlight during that early morning earthquake all those years ago.  This super bright flashlight would have worked perfectly to help us all get out of the house safely.


This is one super bright flashlight!  It will brighten the darkness when you need light.  There are actually five modes to this flashlight.  There are three settings of brightness plus a strobe and a SOS mode.  To generally light my way, I like to keep this on the low mode as the battery will last longer.  If I need to really see something at night, I will put this on the highest brightness.  That high brightness really lights up the night like it was daylight.  I don't really know how far the beam will shine, but when we put it on the highest setting, we can see our gate very well at about 300 feet away.

The two special modes, the strobe light and the SOS signal, are great for emergencies.  The strobe light is an effective tool in keeping attackers at bay.  It is the brightest mode flashing, and if someone gets this in the eyes, which I unfortunately did, it does hurt the eyes.  As for the SOS mode, if you need help, this flashlight will be able to signal someone with its true SOS signal in international Morse code.


Another neat thing about this flashlight is that you can zoom it.  It can be a super wide beam, or you can concentrate it into a square of light.  It's pretty cool because once you put it on this spotlight, it's very bright!  To go from floodlight to zoom, just pull out the head of the flashlight.  It slides out super easy.


The flashlight is only 5.5 inches long and really easy to hold onto.  It is water resistant, so you can take it out in the rain with you if you need to (just don't submerge it in water).  The switch is at the bottom.  Just click it to get it on.  To get to the special modes, just tap the button while the flashlight is on.


One thing you are not going to have to worry about with this flashlight is batteries.  Isn't a nuisance to have to always get batteries for a flashlight?  With the BYB Super Bright CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight all you need to do is recharge the battery that it comes with.  The charging unit is included which really helps.

There are three different types of batteries you can use with this flashlight.  It comes with a high capacity 26650 lithium-ion battery that provides long run time and easy recharging.  You also have the option of using two other batteries.  You could just use plain simple AAA batteries, and BYB has generously included a AAA battery holder if you need to use it.  Plus, if you have a 18650 rechargeable battery, BYB has included a sleeve to use one of these batteries.



The BYB Super Bright CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight comes in a good sturdy box that is easy to wrap for gift giving.  I think getting someone you love a good flashlight is a wonderful gift idea.  Get this flashlight today at Amazon for a great deal.


We were so lucky that early morning in June of 1992 that we were all able to get outside the house with no injuries at all.  Once it got light, I went back in the house to get some things.  I was amazed at all the broken glass on the floor that we trod through.  What a miracle that no one cut a foot getting out while the house was still shaking with the after shocks.  Now we are prepared with an excellent flashlight that will brighten the darkness of our home during the next big earthquake - and one will come again.  Hey, I'm a California native - earthquakes are just a way of life.



Disclosure: I received this product on a promotional discount for my honest review and they are 100% my own opinions. I received no compensation for this review and I am not required to give a positive review. I am also not associated with the seller in any way.

1 comment:

  1. The light from this flashlight is incredible. I need to get one of these when I go walking with the dog at night.It sure gives out a wide beam of light.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive